The ongoing decarbonisation of power systems is affecting them in a variety of ways, notably: a (r)evolution in the generation mix, the rise of distributed generation, the deployment of alternative energy storage capacity, enhancement of interconnections between countries and an increase in power market integration.
With our computing power and deep experience in the electricity sector, CESI can help you plan your future power system. Our service portfolio includes:
- Medium- and long-term T&D grid expansion plans
- Feasibility studies to assess the economic profitability of new assets
- Integration of renewables into the power system
- Strategic analysis and roadmaps for the implementation of smart grids and smart metering infrastructure
- Cost-benefit analysis to assess innovative solutions for system flexibility, such as virtual power plants (VPPs), electric vehicles (EVs), utility scale batteries and power to gas (P2G)
- Economic and financial analyses to ensure the bankability of new projects
- Evaluation of transmission and generation adequacy taking advantage of probabilistic methods to cope with aleatory variables (GRARE tool)
The growing complexity of power systems makes them more difficult to operate. CESI can assist you with:
- Transmission network studies to optimise operational procedures
- Designing remedial action plans in the event of severe accidents (defence plans and special protection systems)
- Restoration procedures for total or partial blackouts and onsite tests
- Incident reconstruction
- Models and algorithms for operational planning and real-time operation
- Software for supervision and control, management and maintenance.