Measuring, protecting, controlling and maintaining electricity power networks in a smart grid world requires intelligent electronic devices (IED), such as smart energy meters, measuring relays, protection systems, control and automation devices. Protection relays may be called into action rarely or switch when they are not required. The consequences could be disastrous for the energy supply, public safety and the economy.
Successful testing can lead to a KEMA LABS type test certificate. Our type test certificates are trusted by utilities, grid operators and authorities across the world.
Capabilities and ratings:
- Energy meters: IEC 62052-11, IEC 62055-31, EN50470 and Europe’s mandatory Measuring Instrument Directive
- Power line carrier: IEC 60495, IEC 60481
- Protection relays and substation automation equipment: IEC 60255, IEC 61850, IEEE C37.90
- Teleprotection equipment: IEC 60834-1, IEEE C37.94
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Climatic environmental conditions
- Mechanical environmental conditions
- Electrical safety including dielectric performance
- Communication performance
- Energy quantities