In the oil and gas sector, CESI has developed subsoil environmental studies for drilling, storage and logistics sites for petroleum product distribution in southern Italy. Our services for the oil and gas sector include:
- Environmental impact assessment Phase II - execution of baseline plans (land surveys, installation of piezometers, soil and groundwater sampling and analysis) and comparison of measured concentrations with threshold values
- Direct risk analysis to assess health and environmental risks from contaminants on site
- Inverse risk analysis to calculate risk threshold concentrations or remediation goals
- Assistance in dealing with environmental authorities (e.g. ARPA) during field activities
- Monitoring plan definition
CESI has developed feasibility studies for decommissioning offshore and onshore pipelines, market benchmarks and comparative socioeconomic assessments for the recovery, reuse and leave-in-place of offshore facilities such as oil pipelines and undersea C lines.