Asset management is about intelligent, advanced maintenance based on IT systems, databases and network connectivity. A properly deployed asset management system will monitor the devices and components that comprise the electrical network, helping to define timely maintenance cycles and supporting operational staff involved in the day-to-day management of the power assets.
With more than 10 years' experience in managing assets for transmission and distribution asset owners, CESI can provide technical advice throughout the implementation of complex asset management programmes and develop specialized condition-based maintenance algorithms to add value to the most popular asset management platforms.
Our approach includes:
- Reviewing current maintenance policies and procedures and comparing with best practices
- Analyzing available data and power outage reports to define the current situation
- Defining and developing an optimized maintenance plan for assets with elaboration of failure models
- Identifying the necessary tools and developing their specifications
- Developing standard maintenance guidelines and procedures
- Defining investment plan
- Preparing technical specification for tender and providing assistance through to bid evaluation and contract negotiation
- Implementing the maintenance plan through our business intelligence tool and integration with utility systems
- Validation of the plan through historical data and real-time operations
- Development of specialized condition-based maintenance algorithms to add value to the most popular asset management platforms