CESI has vast experience in supporting the implementation of full scale state-of-the-art SCADA, EMS and telecommunication systems that safely and reliably monitor and manage electrical networks and energy exchanges in interconnection systems.
We have built up this experience over many years in Italy and around the world, acting as technical consultants to Transmission System Operators (TSOs), who operate this essential infrastructure. That has given us a broad understanding of the best available technologies and how to implement them.
When tackling a SCADA/EMS project, there are four key main areas to address:
- SCADA & EMS systems
- Control center and associated auxiliary systems
- Remote terminal units and adaptation works
- Fiber optic cables and telecommunication networks
CESI offers a full range of consultancy services, for complete systems or individual components. These services include:
- Feasibility studies
- Detailed engineering design review
- Bidding and procurement support for the selection of the design, supply and installation contractor for SCADA/EMS systems
- Implementation assistance and supervision for the supply and installation of SCADA systems for transmission
- Site supervision and commissioning works
- Support during the Defects Liability Period
- Training on new systems and equipment