Over the last 20 years, CESI has prepared and carried out soil and groundwater assessments for several Italian and foreign power plants. Where necessary, CESI has also carried out the subsequent steps required by the regulations: preparing health and environmental risk analysis, designing and executing emergency and operational safety measures, designing remediation measures at all levels from pre-feasibility to FEED and executive.
More recently, CESI has started to do remediation works for thermoelectric power plants and we assess and update environmental liabilities for power plants around the world.
CESI offers a range of services in this area:
- Preparation and execution of plans for reuse of excavated soil and rocks
- Preparation of non-interference reports for new projects with environmental studies and remediation interventions
- Studies to assess background levels of elements (e.g., metals) in soils and groundwater
- Environmental and landscape redevelopment projects for brownfield sites
- Development of hydrodynamic models for aquifers
- Identification of contamination liabilities (e.g., isotopic fingerprinting studies)
- Environmental due diligence, for decommissioning or sale of industrial sites