The growing demand for electricity requires utilities to have solid transmission and distribution networks, both to ensure reliability and to reduce operation costs. Utilities need to be sure that their electrical equipment is robust and reliable.
Kema Labs benefits from synergies between its laboratory testing and onsite inspections, as well as a wider portfolio of experience and activities. We are your trusted partner to guide you through the quality assurance, conformity assessment and product certification process. Visit product certificates for more details.
Safety is our paramount concern, particularly in fields such as explosive atmosphere certification, where Kema Labs is the internationally recognised certification body. We assess and certify the compliance of your products and equipment, functional units and quality systems according to the requirements of European ATEX regulations and international IEC standards (IECEx scheme).
- Inspection for type testing and factory acceptance tests (FATs) according to internationally recognised standards and customer specifications (Kema Labs is a Type A inspection body accredited according to ISO/IEC 17020)
- Organisation evaluation
- Design review
- In process quality assurance
- In factory test witnessing
- Sub-contractor qualification
- Sub-contractor monitoring
- Conformity assessment following HV certification scheme for high voltage (>1000 V) electrical equipment as well as to the LV certification scheme for low voltage (< 1000 V) electrical equipment
- ATEX and IECEx certification for electrical rotating machinery; junction boxes and enclosures; generator and transformers; switchgear components (HV, LV); power supply units; process control equipment; sensors and transducers; control stations; lamps and luminaires; heaters; wireless and ITE equipment; accessories, adapter, bushings; batteries and cells; solenoid valves and coils; spray guns; fuel dispensers; pumps; ventilators