For critical components such as substation automation equipment, quality and reliability are the keys to success in a competitive marketplace. Utilities and network operators need to have confidence in these components before they buy them. KEMA Labs testing and certification services can help to get your products through the door of prospective buyers.
We offer independent testing and certification of substation automation, protection and metering equipment to all relevant international standards. Trusted the world over, our KEMA Labs type test certificates tell system operators that products meet the highest standards for quality, safety and reliability. Our industry-leading facilities and experienced test engineers streamline the testing process. We can combine component, protocol, communication interface and cybersecurity testing into one package – ideal if you’re targeting the emerging smart grid market.
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Climatic environmental conditions
- Mechanical environmental conditions
- Electrical safety including dielectric performance
- Communication performance
- Energising quantities
- Protocol compliance testing.
Substation automation equipment is tested and certified according to a range of international standards, including:
- IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613 for communication networks and systems for power utility automation
- IEC 60495 for power line carrier equipment.
Protection systems and ancillary systems or devices are tested and certified according to a range of international standards, including:
- IEC 60255 and IEEE C37.90 for protection relays
- IEC 60834 for teleprotection equipment of power systems
- IEC 60495 for power line carrier equipment
- IEC 61869 for instrument transformers
Meters are tested and certified according to a range of international standards, including:
- The European Measuring Instruments Directive 2014/32/EU (MID)
- IEC 62052-11/31
- IEC 62053-11/21/22/23/24
- IEC 62055-31
- IEC 62059-32-1
- EN 50470-1/2/3
- ANSI C12