KEMA LABS provide independent hands-on verification of LV panels based entirely on rigorous testing. We test for mechanical, dielectric, short circuit and temperature rise effects covering all the potential conditions your panels will go through in day-to-day operation. Our labs test panels against the IEC 61439-1 international standard at both 50 Hz and 60 Hz to ensure global coverage and total transparency.
In order to cater to the ever-expanding market in electric vehicles we have recently developed tests for several components in this sector such as battery pack protection systems, battery management systems and fuse-contactors. These new tests play a crucial role as the safety and reliability of electric vehicles is constantly in the public eye.
At KEMA LABS we test all low voltage components according to international standards. Additional tests based on national standards or any individual customer requirements are also available upon request.
Products and Standards:
- LV switchgear assemblies and switching devices: IEC 60947, IEC 61439
- LV fuses: IEC 60269
- Railway applications: IEC 60077, IEC 60332, IEC 61992, IEC 62589, IEC 62590
- Semiconductor convertors: IEC 60146
- LV surge protection devices: IEC 61643
- Battery management systems and pyro switches