Power system consultancy for reliability improvement of Ethiopian grid infrastructure.
The project aimed to identify the causes of three critical blackouts and propose and implement remedies to prevent a recurrence of such events in the future.
The project is organised in the following phases:
- Data collection and validation
- Power system study, including:
- Review, update and improve the quality of the electrical system models
- Static and dynamic simulation of the main contingencies
- Fault reconstruction of the main contingencies
- Protection co-ordination study
- Rank the most important system elements
- Design a strategy for grid self-healing defence mechanisms and technologies to mitigate blackouts due to existing network limitations