Place of Work
IPH Berlin - Germany
IPH Institut “Prüffeld für elektrische Hochleistungstechnik” GmbH part of KEMA Labs and part of CESI company, is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities in the electricity industry. With a legacy of more than 90 years of experience, CESI operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges. CESI also provides civil and environmental engineering services.
Team and location
For our location in Berlin Marzahn, we are looking for a Test Engineer Low, Medium and High Voltage (m/f/d).
Under the direction of the Head of Low-Voltage Lab Berlin (LVL) preparing detailed test procedures based on industry standards and/or Customers’ test plans. This position is responsible for assuring the work of Test Operations is performed in a safe, efficient manner and in accordance with all KEMA Labs and industry standards while meeting the KEMA Labs requirements for the Customer.
- Preparation, implementation and follow-up of examinations
- Cooperation and coordination of the team with corresponding division of competences
- Tests according to standard specifications, e.g. for proof of dielectric strength, switching capacity and current-carrying capacity, as well as tests according to customer specifications
- Standard-compliant performance of tests on low-, medium- and high-voltage equipment and systems
- Calculation and design of test circuits for up to 2400 MVA of power from various sources (transmission grid, generators)
- Continuous training in the fields of relevant standards
- Conceptual development of test, control and measurement technology as well as test procedures
- Preparation and processing of schedules and rough calculations
- Design and conception of test equipment as well as test and measurement set-ups
- Technical and organisational assistance in the bidding phase of an order
- Technical and organisational coordination in the run-up to and during tests
- Technical support of individual customers, groups and third-party observers with subsequent preparation of test documentation
What Cesi is looking for
- Completed Bachelor’s / Master’s or engineering studies in the field of electrical engineering or electrical power engineering
- Good knowledge in the field of power engineering, measurement technology and automation technology
- Knowledge of IEC, IEEE and ANSI standards is desirable
- Confident handling of Microsoft Office 365, Google Docs and Teams
- Social competence and tolerance in dealing with international customers
- Fluent German and very good written and spoken English skills
- Willingness to work occasional shifts
What Cesi is offering
- Interesting and varied field of activity
- Personal responsibility and creative freedom
- Attractive remuneration
- Good opportunities for further development
You are characterised by a high degree of commitment, goal orientation and diligence. You approach new tasks systematically and creatively. You have a solution-oriented and pragmatic way of working and you are able to prioritise. Your sense for efficient and effective solutions helps you to do this. Due to your diplomatic skills, your power of persuasion and your excellent communication skills, it is easy for you to convince your employees and colleagues.
Have we aroused your interest?
If so, we would be pleased to receive your detailed application including your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Claus Probe under the number
+49 (0)30 – 54 96 0 – 430