Place of Work
KEMA Labs Arnhem - The Netherlands
KEMA Labs, part of CESI company, is looking for a Senior Calibration Engineer. CESI is a world-leading technical consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector. Through its Division KEMA Labs, CESI is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities in the electricity industry. With a legacy of more than 60 years of experience, CESI operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges. CESI also provides civil and environmental engineering services.
Team and location
As a Senior Calibration Engineer you will work in a department with a small team where each other’s complementary knowledge of different disciplines must be the key to the success of the team. The team you work with is of secondary to academic level. The senior position in the team will have to complement the calibration disciplines of power and energy. You will also have a supporting role to the team and team leader.
- Performing Electrical calibrations and taking care of outsourcing of measuring instruments
- Optimizations of calibration methods on a high level of competence
- Supporting the “Calibration Quality Engineer” in existing and new quality procedures for the department
- Analyzing cross-checks, performing interlaboratory comparisons (ILC)
- Justifying and calculating measurement uncertainties (mathematics/statistics)
- Interpretation of Raad voor Accreditatie (Dutch Council for Accreditation) rules into technical perspective of the disciplines in which you are specialized
- Advising in case of rejected measuring instruments
- Acting as a source of information in the field of Electric Power/Energy for the department and other KEMA colleagues.
What Cesi is looking for
- Degree Higher Professional Education (HBO) Electrical Engineering (focus on electrical power/energy)
- More than 5 years of experience in relevant roles
- Knowledge of electrical measurement technology/metrology ISO17025
- Experience with calculating and justifying measurement uncertainty (mathematics/statistics)
- Able to interpret traceability and accreditation
- Able to and consult with colleagues in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience in advising on calibration questions (rejection, interpretations of specifications, applicability, traceability)
- Willing to contribute to calibration developments
- Able to develop and improve measuring methods
- Experience of working in rapidly developing and changing international environment.
In addition to the key qualifications listed above, we also expect you to:
- Take ownership
- Be customer-oriented
- Be flexible and able to easily switch between different tasks
- Be pragmatic and hands-on
- Be pro-active and eager
- Have excellent communication skills, written and verbally in English and Dutch.
- Have strong analytical skills
- Be diplomatic and a team player
What Cesi is offering
KEMA Labs offers a competitive salary and compensation scheme, good working environment and possibilities for your career development. You also have a large degree of flexibility to affect your own working day and be part of a great team and an important part of KEMA Labs.