Proposal & Sales Administration
Place of Work
Arnhem - The Netherlands
KEMA Labs, part of CESI company, is looking for a Proposal Engineer. CESI is a world-leading technical consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector. Through its division KEMA Labs, we are the world leader in independent Testing, Inspection and Certification services for the electricity industry. With a legacy of almost 100 years of experience, KEMA Labs operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges. We also provide civil and environmental engineering services on a worldwide level.
Team and location
As a Proposal Engineer, you are a member of the Proposal Team within the department Proposal & Sales Administration.
- Analyze the request for quotation received from the customer, identify the best technical solution based on the capabilities of our different platforms and finally prepare a technical and commercial quotation that best satisfies customer’s needs.
- Be pro-active in the follow-up of quotations and negotiate contract terms and conditions in order to secure profitable orders.
- Check the purchase orders received by the customers in order to ensure that they comply with the provided technical and commercial quotation and then coordinate with Operations for the final scheduling of the project.
- Use the CRM system (Salesforce) in order to prepare the technical and commercial quotation, update our catalogue of services, manage your interactions with existing and potential customers, vigilantly update your sales pipeline, monitor the fulfillment of sales-related targets (e.g. order intake target), etc.
- Support the global Sales Department in growing targeted markets by building close relations with existing accounts and developing new accounts.
- Carry out other sales-related activities like attending customer’s meetings to provide technical expertise and occasionally participating in trade exhibitions to increase market visibility and gather sales leads.
What Cesi is looking for
- Fluent English language
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- A specialization or some exams in focus on switching devices will be a plus.
- Experience in medium-voltage and high-voltage transmission and distribution electrical equipment (preferable switchgears but also transformers, cables, etc.) is highly desirable
- Experience in a R&D team or in project management for transmission and distribution electrical equipment is highly desirable
- Experience in transmission and distribution electrical equipment product certification and in failure analysis investigation services will be a plus
- Experience in electronical devices and sensors will be a plus
Skills and competences
- Target oriented
- Customer oriented
- Team working
What Cesi is offering
KEMA Labs offers a varied job in a dynamic and international environment. The job will be rewarded with a competitive salary and good secondary working conditions. We also offer internal and external training courses.