Place of Work
KEMA Labs Chalfont - Pennsylvania
KEMA Labs, part of CESI company, is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities in the electricity industry. With a legacy of more than 90 years of experience, CESI operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges. CESI also provides civil and environmental engineering services.
Team and location
This position is responsible for identifying and implementing the correct set up of the measurement devices necessary to conduct Customer and internal testing at the KEMA Labs – Chalfont facility. This position is responsible for assuring that the conduct of the test is performed in a safe, efficient manner and in accordance with all KEMA Labs and industry standards while meeting the KEMA Labs requirements for the Customer.
Under the direction of Test Engineer:
- Determine what test instruments shall be used for each type of test based on expected current and voltage levels, Customer requirements and Test Cell and facility status
- Correctly set up the test in the MARS system
- Set up auxiliary devices such as travel recorders high speed/digital video and various other devices necessary to capture required test data
- Correctly provide auxiliary power to the Customers’ equipment based on the test plans
- Assist the Test Engineer in preparing for the test including review of the Test Plans and test sequence.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Test Engineer during the execution of the test
- Check the accuracy and completeness of the Test Engineer’s calculations
- Correctly develop test data plots and determine measurement routines have worked effectively based on the results of the test
- Take corrective actions as necessary based on the results of the above
- Assist when necessary in the development of test programs by the Test Engineers. Assure all necessary requirements and conditions stipulated in the approved Quote are incorporated in the test program.
- Monitor test program preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test evolution. Provide technical assistance to Technicians and other support personnel as necessary.
- Assist the Test Engineers, Technicians, and other support personnel as Operating Conditions require.
- Perform the duties of Test Technician as Operating Conditions require.
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL, and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment.
- When necessary perform drawing verifications to assure Customer’s equipment conforms to drawings provided as part of the approved Quote.
- Ability to perform simple tests as determined by the Head of Department – Test Operations or Head of Section without supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of High-Power Lab (HPL).
What Cesi is looking for
- Associates of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience as determined by the Head of Department – Test Operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high voltage, utility scale electrical/mechanical equipment testing
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical technical drawings
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical technical specifications, data sheets, etc.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, VISIO, etc.
- Demonstrated oral & written communications skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
What Cesi is offering
This position requires an individual who can adapt to changing situations based on the quantity of work, the demands of customers and management. The position requires an individual who can devote the required amount of time to successfully accomplish the short- and long-term goals of the organization.
This position may be required to work alternative shifts as necessary including weekends. This position may be required to work overtime as necessary. This position is hourly and non-exempt from overtime.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves a great deal of standing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately loud.