Place of Work
Arnhem - The Netherlands
KEMA Labs, part of CESI company, is looking for an Operator for the High-Power Lab. CESI is a world-leading technical consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector. Through its Division KEMA Labs, CESI is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities in the electricity industry. With a legacy of more than 60 years of experience, CESI operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges.
Team and location
KEMA’s High-Power Laboratory is the largest independent short-circuit laboratory in the world where short-circuit tests are carried out on equipment for transmission and distribution networks. Global manufacturers and electric utilities are customers who rely on KEMA for development, acceptance tests and certification testing. The tests are conducted in consultation with the customer and in collaboration with a team of employees. The teams operate in day and night shifts. We are looking for an operator who is ready to take a dynamic job with a great deal of responsibility.
You will be responsible for:
- The execution of short circuit test, assembling, analyzing, and disassembling measurement set-ups
- Preparing the test set-ups (controls, measurements)
- Working on maintenance and repair of installations and measurement equipment
- Following the completion of the test for analyzing the results and reporting to the customer
- Conducting sensitive measurements
- Executing tests under guidance of the test engineer
- Outside of testing you will have your own projects in the fields of your interest (camera’s calibration, safety, R&D etc.).
What Cesi is looking for
- Intermediate Technical School Electrical engineering degree / MBO 4 Electrical Engineering level
- Interest in high voltage / power current engineering
- Flexible attitude with respect to working hours (willing to do night shifts and occasional overtime)
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Ability to manage your own time
- Ability to work under stress with high responsibility of executing tests correctly and accurately in cooperation with the test engineer
- Good written and verbal command of the English language. Native Dutch is preferred. Command of the German language is a benefit.
What Cesi is offering
- Be part of a great team and an important part of CESI-KEMA
- A chance to see and work with every type of high voltage equipment and be involved in the latest developments in the high power energy sector
- Permanent contract
- Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits such as a 38-hour work week, 30 leave days with option to sell or buy extra days, full paid pension plan, laptop, and smart phone
- An intense training program before you will be assigned to carry the full responsibilities for test operator
- A challenging, varied, and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment
- Salary indication €3000 – €3500 euro per month, based on 38 hours a week.
For more information you can contact Koen van der Linden (operations leader) at Koen.vanderLinden@kema.com
Your application is welcome at HR@kema.com