Place of Work
Arnhem - The Netherlands
KEMA Labs, part of CESI company, is looking for an Electrical Engineer covering System Controls/Power Electronics/High Voltage Engineering. CESI is a world-leading technical consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector. Through its Division KEMA Labs, CESI is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities in the electricity industry. With a legacy of more than 60 years of experience, CESI operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges. CESI also provides civil and environmental engineering services.
Team and location
As an engineer you will be involved in the design of high voltage test equipment, in modernizing traditional T&D equipment, in performance and development of measurements in high voltage and current environment including transients. You will carry out your work in close collaboration with the colleagues in various labs.
You work from the Arnhem office but will have global responsibilities including occasional travelling.
- Assure together with the Asset Management Team that the availability of the equipment for testing activities is guaranteed as much as possible
- Drive improvements in processes and development of test equipment based on the needs for the Laboratories
- Analyze and manage root causes of failures and find sustainable solutions
- Support development within the Group’s Divisions and departments in your role as Engineer
What Cesi is looking for
- Knowledge about large rotating machines and control of drives and excitation systems (Ward-Leonard and variable frequency drives and static converter types)
- Preferably knowledge of instrument transformers and protection systems
- Knowledge about data acquisition systems
- Knowledge or else willingness for following training for Siemens Step 7 / TIA Portal Step 7 necessary for failure analyzes and thinking along in improving existing or developing new PLC software together with our OT specialists
- Ideally experience with high voltage and high current measurement
- Preferably knowledge in MATLab
- Preferably knowledge of microprocessors and its programming.
- Preferably knowledge of protection systems (conventional and digital)
- (Preferably) Knowledge of measurement and control techniques such as setting up P, PI and PID controllers
Skills and competences
- Bachelor working and thinking level
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player, able to manage stakeholders
- Takes ownership
- Good communication skills, written and verbally
What Cesi is offering
- A challenging, varied, and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment
- Be part of a great team and an important part of KEMA Labs.