Head of High-Power Lab
Place of Work
KEMA Labs Chalfont - Pennsylvania
KEMA Labs, part of CESI company, is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities in the electricity industry. With a legacy of more than 90 years of experience, CESI operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges. CESI also provides civil and environmental engineering services.
Team and location
Under the direction of the Head of High-Power Lab (HPL) Prepare detailed test procedures based on industry standards and/or Customers’ test plans. This position is responsible for assuring the work of Test Operations is performed in a safe, efficient manner and in accordance with all KEMA Labs and industry standards while meeting the KEMA Labs requirements for the Customer.
Under the direction of the Head of HPL:
- Identify equipment requirements to conduct each test and manage Test Operators, Technicians, and other support personnel to successfully execute Customers’ test programs.
- Manage Customer expectations before, during and after the test program evolution. Act as the single point of contact with the Customer representatives during the conduct of the test program at the KEMA Labs – Chalfont facility.
- Identify and prepare circuits and procedural sequences including measuring equipment and systems to meet test requirements using industry standards and/or Customer’s test plans.
- Assure all requirements of the KEMA Labs – Chalfont HSE and Quality Management programs are strictly adhered to during the test program.
- Develop test programs and assure all necessary requirements and conditions stipulated in the approved Quote are incorporated in the test program.
- Monitor test program preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test evolution. Provide technical direction to Test Operations personnel as necessary.
- Analyze the test results, prepare a comprehensive written Test Report and/or review the test results with the Customer. Assure accuracy of the Test Report and compliance with all applicable industry standards and Customer requirements as described in the Quote, and Test Plans.
- Assure that all written Test Reports strictly adhere to all requirements of the KEMA Labs – Chalfont Quality Management programs.
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL, and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment.
- As necessary, review Customer Quotes for technical requirements, facility adequacy, Test Operations skills requirements and provide information to the Sales Engineer for incorporation in the Quote. Contact the Customer as required, clarifying, or resolving discrepancies, open issues, questions, etc. Assure requirements are incorporated in the final Quote and advise the Head of HPL regarding readiness for approval of the Quote.
- Perform the duties of Operators and Technicians as operating conditions warrant.
- Assist the Head of HPL to develop new and improved test procedures, operations processes, training curriculum, equipment, and test technologies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of HPL
What Cesi is looking for
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of three-phase AC power circuits and circuit elements. Principles and calculations.
- Knowledge of DC power circuits and circuit elements. Principles and calculations.
- Ability to choose circuit components based on desired current and voltage parameters
- Knowledge of working principles of current and voltage measuring equipment
- Understanding principles of power generation, transmission, and distribution
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills
- Demonstrated oral & written communications skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office 365
- 2 years of experience in high voltage, high power utility scale electrical/mechanical equipment testing
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- US citizenship
What Cesi is offering
This position requires an individual who can adapt to changing situations based on the quantity of work, the demands of customers and management. The position requires an individual who can devote the required amount of time to successfully accomplish the short- and long-term goals of the organization. The position is exempt from overtime; however, evening work and weekend work is to be expected.
This position may require shift work (2nd shift) including weekends as necessary.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves a great deal of standing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately loud.