Place of Work
Milan - Italy
CESI has been involved for decades in consultancy and testing activities related to Grid Code such as
- assessment and interpretation of relevant Grid Codes and Grid Connection Standards
- support to grid operators in developing their own Grid Codes and Compliance Processes
- provision of Grid Code Compliance Services to project developers.
Within this frame, a growing activity is the execution of electrical grid compliance testing activities on generating units and renewables power parks.
Team and location
The candidate will be inserted in the Consultancy Division of CESI and will be assigned to projects’ teams working on Grid Code and Grid Code Compliance Testing.
After a first period of integration and familiarization with our methodology and approach in the Headquarters in Milan, the business activity will also require the availability for business travels of few days or weeks both in Italy and abroad either for consultancy activities or for on-site testing activities.
The candidate will be in charge of the following tasks
- Technical review, assessment and interpretation of Grid Connection Codes & Standards and Grid Code Compliance processes
- Definition of testing procedures for generating units and renewables power parks
- Specification, planification and execution of compliance tests and measurements on generating units and renewables power parks
- Analysis of measurements and preparation of testing reports
- Specifications of new features and functions for generating units to support the evolution of the electricity generation mix and the stability of the power systems
- Quality of deliveries to our internal and external costumers
- Support to the evolution of the company business model and to the development of new initiatives
The knowledge and experience on power systems simulation tools (e.g. Matlab Simulink, PSSE, DIgSILENT Power Factory or others) to develop generating units simulation models and to perform grid code compliance simulations will be considered as a plus.
What Cesi is looking for
- Sc. or B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering/Power Systems
- Relevant work experience from System Operators (such as TERNA), power system or wind industry
- Knowledge about grid connection code requirements
- Knowledge about electricity generation technologies
- Knowledge about power system stability, control and analysis
- Knowledge about electrical simulation SWs like Power Factory, PSS-E
- Knowledge about Energy Market in Italy
- Italian & English language, both written and spoken
- Highly organized and meticulous
- Good travel disposition (up to 50% of time) in support of customer needs and overall business goals
- Service minded work style, result oriented, able to work both with limited supervision and with an international team
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Confident talking with and presenting to external stakeholders (customers, grid operators, conferences)
- Able to multitask and prioritize daily work under an ever-growing environment
Languages (fluent) English, Italian. The knowledge of other foreign languages will be considered a plus.
Years of Experience: at least 5 years
What Cesi is offering