Testing High-Power Lab
Place of Work
Arnhem - The Netherlands
CESI is a world-leading technical consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector. Through its Division KEMA Labs, CESI is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities in the electricity industry. With a legacy of more than 60 years of experience, CESI operates in 70 countries around the world and supports its global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges. KEMA Labs operates several large high-power and high-voltage laboratories across the world.
Team and location
KEMA Labs is looking for an experienced Test Engineer for the High-Power Lab in Arnhem. KEMA’s High-Power Laboratory in Arnhem is the largest independent short-circuit laboratory in the world where short-circuit tests are carried out on equipment used in transmission and distribution networks up to the highest voltage and power ratings. Global manufacturers and electric utilities are customers who rely on KEMA for development, acceptance and certification testing. The tests are conducted according to international standards (IEC, IEEE and others) in the presence of customer and end users. The test engineer is the leader of the test team during the test execution which are done in day and night shifts. We are looking for a test engineer who is ready to take on a dynamic job with a great deal of responsibility.
- Preparing, calculation and simulation of the testing circuits
- Following the completion of the test for analyzing the results and reporting to the customer
- Leading a test team (7+ specialists with various background), coordinating the tests and conducting sensitive measurements.
- Managing customer projects fulfilling their expectations with regard to preparations, execution and reporting of the tests.
- Participation in internal (international) working groups and later in IEC and STL working groups
What Cesi is looking for
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a High Power laboratory, testing MV/HV transmission and distribution products.
- An Electrical Engineering degree with a major in Power Engineering (or similar) at BSc or MSc level
- Experience in short-circuit testing using IEC or IEEE standards. For example IEC 62271-100, IEC 60076-5, IEEE C37.09, IEC 62271-103, IEC 62271-200.
- A combination of deep technical knowledge and its application in a laboratory environment
- Good leadership qualities and human relations skills
- Good written and verbal mastery of the English language is required. Basic knowledge of Dutch will be an advantage.
- Willingness to work in day and night shifts
- Health, Safety and environmental awareness and assume responsibilities related to the job.
What Cesi is offering
- Be part of a great team and an important part of CESI-KEMA
- We’re offering a challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment
- Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits such as a 38-hour work week, 30 leave days with option to sell or buy extra days, full paid pension plan, laptop, and smart phone
- The firsthand view of the latest technical developments in the energy transmission and distribution products
- Possibilities for career development as part of the KEMA Labs international laboratories
For more information: Marten Dekker, Head of High-Power Lab Arnhem, Marten.Dekker@kema.com
Your application is welcome at HR@kema.com