The SA.PE.I. cable (Sardinia-mainland) represents the largest electricity infrastructure ever built in Italy, with 750 million euros invested. SAPEI's numbers are record-breaking: its placement at 1,640 meters below sea level is the deepest in the world, its 435 km in length make it the longest 1,000 MW submarine cable in the world. Now, with its double 500 kV DC submarine cable, SAPEI provides 1,000 megawatt of capacity.
What we have done
CESI has performed a full technical assistance for the implementation of the HVDC interconnection:
- Analysis and validation of system study performed by manufactures
- Detailed revision of manufacturers’ specifications
- Revision of the project regarding the civil works
- Surveillance of the Inspection and Test Plan documentation
- Type tests and routine tests witnessing and assistance
- Assistance to construction.