On the basis of orographic characteristics and land use, weather monitoring and forecast (vertical profiles and ground data), emission real data, the Client can evaluate in real time the atmospheric pollution that can be found around a plant or an industrial area.
What we have done
For the Chivasso Edipower Power Plant, the SCAIBasic was installed with the following models:
- ISC3-ST: Gaussian model for the calculation of concentrations fields
- RAMS: non-hydrostatic prognostic model for the construction of wind, temperature, and micro- meteorological parameter fields
- MIRS: interface model between RAMS and SPRAY
The system was implemented with the SCAI Options "Climatologic" and "Photochemical". More recently, the SCAI system has been developed as "SCAIChiv", able to integrate the monitoring network of the Chivasso Plant giving the relative information, through the Website http://centralechivasso.cesi.it managed and implemented by CESI experts on the website.
- the optimization of the control network (measurement point reduction) with a remarkable cost saving;
- the setting of the best operating conditions of the plant thanks to the regional scale 24/48 hours forecast analysis;
- the contribution coming from each plant to the atmospheric pollution;
- to simulate new emission layout caused by a modified number and/or a power plant.