EPS has obtained from EBRD and EIB a corporate loan to fund the acquisition and installation of modern electricity meters, with the capacity for remote reading and remote disconnection and related telecommunication and IT equipment, software, and services for training and software installation. The EPS smart metering project has the following main goals:
- Reduce the losses in the distribution network up to the international best practice.
- Replace the old electricity meters with modern Smart Meters (smart meters provide better accuracy in a wider power range).
- Adopt a common interface for sharing Management and Billing information among the different distribution companies.
What we have done
The Consulting Service awarded by CESI is providing to EPS the implementation of the Smart Metering Project in three phases, namely.
Phase I - Project preparation and tendering:
- Review of project documents
- Review of overall procurement strategy and packaging
- Review of cost estimates
- Preparation of tender documents
Phase II – Project Implementation:
- Monitoring of project implementation
- Commissioning and testing
- Supervision during defects and liability period
- Environmental and social action plan
Phase III – Project Evaluation:
- Technical evaluation
- Overall evaluation