To keep under control the structural integrity of some Italian monuments as the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence, the Turin's chapel where is kept the Holy Shroud, the Ravenna's Civic Tower, the Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper" in Milan, the Pisa Tower, the S. Marco Bell Tower in Venice and the Luxor Temple in Egypt.
What we have done
- Identifying causes of degradation: ageing of the materials, change of the urban contest and the structural stability due to natural events, change due to the human activity (traffic, air pollution,…).
- Engineering activities: reconstruction and organization of the historical data (geometry and construction technologies); on-site and in laboratory investigation
- Verifying the state of conservation and looking for possible restoration solutions to be undertaken
- Conservation and restoration design
- Engineering, implementation, and management of cultural heritage monitoring systems
- Increasing the knowledge of the monuments behavior and identification of the remediation action to be undertaken;
- On line monitoring system able to provide information about the monument safety conditions